Building Regulations 2010 Approved Document B – Vol 1 & 2 (2019 edition)
These two documents, collectively known as Approved Document B (ADB) - Volume 1 Dwelling Houses and Volume 2 Buildings other than Dwelling Houses - address all aspects of fire safety guidance in buildings and provide guidance that in the event of fire:
· There is satisfactory warning and a safe means of escape from the building
· Fire does not spread rapidly within a building
· Structural stability of the building is maintained during a fire
· Fire does not spread over the outside of the building or to other buildings
· The building is easily accessible for fire fighters, their appliance and equipment.
In 2020, amendments to the guidance previously outlined in the Approved Documents led to the lowering of the height requirements of sprinklers in new-build residential properties from 18 metres to 11 metres.
Building Control Bodies are responsible for checking compliance with the requirements of the Building Regulations.
UK Fire Safety Champion Receives FM Global’s Second Annual International Codes...September 16 2019
JOHNSTON, R.I., USA—FM Global, one of the world’s largest commercial property insurers, has awarded its second annual International Codes and Standards Advocacy Award to Iain Cox, chair of the...Read more