The BSA advocates greater business resilience by enhancing protection against fire through the increased acceptance and use of fire sprinklers in commercial and industrial premises.
Established in 2010, the BSA’s founding members include:
- National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC), formed in April 2017, its duties are administered by Fire and Rescue Service Chiefs and officers and it aims to drive improvement and development throughout the UK Fire and Rescue Service and support the strong leadership of the UK FRS including the devolved administrations. The NFCC enables locally accountable Chief Fire Officers or their representatives to coordinate the work of the UK FRS to protect the public and improve community safety
- National Fire Sprinkler Network (NFSN), a non-profit organisation that works in partnership with the Fire Community
- European Fire Sprinkler Network (EFSN), a European coalition which encourages the greater use of fire sprinklers
- Fire Protection Association (FPA), the UK’s national fire safety organisation
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA), the UK’s trade association for fire sprinklers
- FM Global, leading commercial property insurer